Lapping a TRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youtube has video's on it. Specifically for the TRUE

edit:
YouTube - Lapping Thermalright Ultra Extreme

Good video. I never thought of holding it like that, I always held it from the top.. that'll distribute the weight much better..

I decided I'll show you guys how bad the temps are... this is on load with Prime95 - take note of the horrendous VID and stepping, I don't think the load temps are *that* bad, it's just a matter of how uneven they are...

coretemprm4.jpg

They can tell if it has been overclocked or to many volts have been pushed into it. Seriously, it does leave burn lines and such in it, and it can and will show abnormal wear in some places.

lol Thats not so bad ish. my B3 prime temps were 58-68c with stock intel. chop off 15c for transition to true and we're about the same. Thats a nice size gap. mine's 6 degrees ._. I don't feel like lapping my cpu though >.>

I'll see if I can get it lapped tonight, I'll start with really low grits first to really get that convex shape out, like mgcook suggested, I think I have 250 somewhere in my garage and I'll pick up another set of 400s or maybe even 600s if I can find em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom