Lapping kit for my heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that will work but your local auto shop or hardware shop should be cheaper....I spent under $4.00 for my paper.

as for 2500 grit over 2000...i can't see it making a significant diff at that point on temps. I stopped at 2000 grit.

eh if i were to get one off the internet id go here: Easy PC Kits

although i just went to autozone and they had a pack that had 400 800 and 1000 grit in it so i just used that

Easy PC Kits - Products - Heat Sink Lapping Kit (with glass)

So how about this one?

It's under $10, so money is not a problem if you say it's like a dollar more then autozone or something (i don't know of any autozones around me)... This is not something i mind ordering.

If you guys say yes I'll go ahead and order it... I'm only lapping my tuniq for now... I'm not prepared to tackle the q6600... lol

Oh and to add to that...

I have some tuniq tx-1 and some AS5... Should i order some tuniq mx-2 for $10 on newegg or just stick with my AS5 or possibly tx-1?

I took apart a picture and taped down some 400grit to it. I didnt even bother going past 400. You only need to get it flat, not mirrored.

I have as5 on it right now, ive had mx-2 sitting there waiting to go on, but i havent had any reason to take the heatsink off. Ya, i only lapped mine to get it flat, and stopped at 400grit. Temps are all within 1-2C at idle/load.

Easy PC Kits - Products - Heat Sink Lapping Kit (with glass)

So how about this one?

It's under $10, so money is not a problem if you say it's like a dollar more then autozone or something (i don't know of any autozones around me)... This is not something i mind ordering.

If you guys say yes I'll go ahead and order it... I'm only lapping my tuniq for now... I'm not prepared to tackle the q6600... lol

Oh and to add to that...

I have some tuniq tx-1 and some AS5... Should i order some tuniq mx-2 for $10 on newegg or just stick with my AS5 or possibly tx-1?

eh its not just autozone, any auto parts store should have high grit sandpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom