Lapped my PII 940

Status
Not open for further replies.
My temps are pretty much the same.. Idle is just like 2* cooler.. Maybe 2* cooler load.. Still running 47* during prime @ 3.6g. I need a 320 Rad and Yate Looon max fans to replace my Cheap-o fans I've got on my Rad now..

Sucks to hear it didn't help much. Why would you need a whole new setup though? (referring to your post on the last page).

^ I'm a hardware junkie.. ...... That should say it all.. I may wait til the new PII 965 is out before I go out and get a PII 955.. I still have my MB picked out tho..

I'm redoing almost everything.. New board, CPU, Adding a 4870 for a CF setup, new case, and swapping RAD's for a 320.. or a 420.. not sure yet.. I dunno if I can fit a 420 in the 800D case. I may do a dual loop cooling sys, but I'd need a couple more things to run liquid to on the CPU side of the loop.. One for the CPU/NB/MOS, and the other loop for the Dual 4870's. Not sure yet, tho.. Like I said.

And on a side note ^ I take it you ride? YZ? What size? 250? I took my '06 YFZ450 out today and it turned out to be too blazing hot out.. Called it quits after an hour and a half..

Don't really think the 965 is worth it...uses a crap ton more power for not that much of an improvement over the 955.

Man, I wish I could afford just upgrading my rig, instead of replacing it, lol.

^ oh, I can't really afford it, but I'll find a way to.. It's either this or my computer budget is going to go to my car for new parts to get traction at the track.. The car does need new tires, desperately.. and the truck needs a battery and maybe a starter... Hmmm... ... Darn it all..

Well, I've been thinking of just leaving it and swapping cases, Rad and Rez.. I've really grown to hate that case..

Hehe, I should have known that one. I have an 06 yz85. I went riding on Saturday, was about 65-70*F and overcast, perfect temperature for riding. Was a lot of fun.

^Phiew... Must be nice.. It's been 100+ here lately.. Thermo said 90* when I left the house but felt like 110* out at the doons. That was brutal.. the air is like a darn blow drier..

Anyway..

^ Well, this PII 940 uses enough darn juice when clocked anyway, that was one of my reasons for considering the i7.. But after doing some research, there's no real reason, other than benchmarks, to switch from a 955 to an i7.. The 955 (or was it the 940??) is actually a better gamer. .... based on what I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom