Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
I notice that my computer lags sometimes when I type online or scroll (right now it is lagging while I type). I ram Prime95 for 21 hours and I have a stable overclock, and I ram memtest86+ and I know that my memory is fine too. Could it be that I just have so much crap on my computer that it is just bogged down slowing down what I do? I am going to reformat in the next 2 days or so. I just wanted to see if my problem is my overclock or not before I did that. I would reset it and see, except I only have this problem sometimes. It gets especially bad if I have 3 web pages or so open at once and try typing. It is tolerable, but I know that it shouldn't be that way. Any ideas?

I get that from non ocd machine too. It is a program taking higher priority that causes it. Something running in the background, reformat should fix'er right up.

Okay, I thought my overclock was stable, but it is always nice to have a second opinion. Thanks.

How about a third opinion? They are always good.

From my experience, you got too much crap going on. And you most likely have some spyware going on up in there. The problem with spyware, you can never get rtid of all of it. If you clean it with one program, and then scan with another, you will find thigns. It's an almost endless cycle, very vicious, it is. I'm going to say spyware. Scan the hell out of the thing with a whole barrage of programs.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Most usually something else in the background, or no display drivers insatlled

OH DAMN!!!!!

nobody ever thinks of that, good work.

Yeah... display drivers are fine, I updated just recently. I think it's spyware, but I don't care. I'm reformatting for college anyway, and I take off this saturday, so it'll be clean again before then. Thanks guys.

Him said:
OH DAMN!!!!!

nobody ever thinks of that, good work.

Was that necessary?

Fresh installs are nice, and often solve most issues. Do take note of the driver versions on your system casue you know they work good together and if you have issues you can try to get the same ones together again.

Reformatted, and guess what... the problem is gone! Haha... big surprise eh?

So since I reformatted and everything is fine now, I have a question. What programs do I need to get in general. I know I need DirectX and I need Macromedia Flashplayer 7 for some sites... anything else I should know about that some sites just generally need to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom