Keyboard Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummyTron

In Runtime
Keyboard Locked (More Info)

Ok my dad asked me to take a look at pre-pentium II computers.. Im looking at a 1995 Packard Bell Computer with 100mhz processor...thers no fan at all.

Anyways i put everything apart and then back together and when i turn on the computer the start up screen says " Keyboard Locked" and my keyboard is plugged in perfectly.

Well Here is what it actually says when it starts up..maybe some whiz can help me out here.

"AGURA Release 1.14
CPU = Pentium 100mhz

00491526 RAM

System BIOS shadowed
Video BIOS shadowed
Fixed Disk 0: Conner Peripherals 1080MB-CFS1081A
CD-ROM Found
Mouse Initialized

Keyboard Locked - Unlock key switch

Press <F1> to resume <F2> to Setup"
HUH?

As for my keyboard its alright...i tried 2 different keyboards and they work perfectly on other computers and the little lights for the number lock and scroll lock and caps lock to turn on and when the message comes on the Number lock stays on sometimes. But i can't press F1 or F2 at all...my thing is dead...so anyone out there tell me whats the unlock key switch all about?

Hmmm, don't think I've ever seen that message before.. The only thing I could think of is perhaps there is a jumper that locks the keyboard on the mobo?

Also try going into Setup by hitting F2 since it seems it wants to let you do atleast that and see if in there somewhere it says anything about it being locked.

If none of that helps then perhaps a CMOS clearing will stop it, but that's assuming it's a setting in the BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom