keeping side of case off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keadonen

In Runtime
is keeping the side of my case off going to allow more dust to collect. and also will it cool(or help) my computer keep cooler?

I would not reccomend it. Yes more dust could collect and it could get damaged easy.

dont do it, it would keep it cooler depending on the room's conditions, but ur components are at risk.

My side stays off all the time. Although I'm probably inside of it more than any normal person. Mines not in a place to be damaged so I don't have to worry about that.

As far as 'more' dust. Dont know....suppose it would depend on your fan setups and whatnot. Mine gets dusty as crap because of the radiator for the water cooling.

well you see i have a problem with my cpu and its temp is 50ºC idle (it has 1.968v going into it) and im trying to find the best way to keep it cool"er" until i get the voltage down. (i wouldve posted this on my other post but people dont answer the small unrelated questions on the side that i ask lol (this was one of them).

i keep the side of my case off....yea it gets dusty a bit quicker but i clean mine on a regular basis so its not an issue for me....and yes it does keep your system running cooler....

Nubius said:
My side stays off all the time. Although I'm probably inside of it more than any normal person. Mines not in a place to be damaged so I don't have to worry about that.

As far as 'more' dust. Dont know....suppose it would depend on your fan setups and whatnot. Mine gets dusty as crap because of the radiator for the water cooling.

wuts ur wwatercooling setup?? i have trying to get some feedback here at tf since im considering getting it, but it hasnt been too successful so far. would appreciate input

Keeping the side of your case off doesnt make it cooler, probably only worse.

Because that would just be giving your computer lots of air, but no air flow. The flow of the air is what keeps it cool, and a contained circulated area does that best.

wowowowowowo. So what you're saying is you're vcore is 1.968v, if so you have thay WAY to high, the max for 24/7 use is 1.5/1.6v. Thats why you're getting such high temps, not because ur case cant handle it but becouse ur vcore is redicously high. Take the down to atleast 1.6v

ulater6000 said:
Keeping the side of your case off doesnt make it cooler, probably only worse.

Because that would just be giving your computer lots of air, but no air flow. The flow of the air is what keeps it cool, and a contained circulated area does that best.

side of case off + fan = lots of air flow ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom