Keepin It Cool.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebx902004

Baseband Member
What is the best possible way to keep your computer cool?

Post your ideas.

Mine: Seeing how my computer desk is on the wall between my garage so you put a small fan in the garage plug it in have it connected by alluminum hoes like super glue it or sumthing i don't know what there called but those things are are commonly found next to washer machines and stuff. Cut a neat tight hole in the wall and put the hoes in it so it fits tight no holes or you will be cold. Get a case and cut a hole in the side of the case and cut a whole in the case and put it tight in the case hole glued and there you go instant air flowing in and it wont be loud because its in the garage.

yea i know its kind of etchy how i explained it but hey i only got so much time!

post your ideas

Open your case up and set it on a table next to your window AC unit and put it on full blast!!! It worked for me!

P.S. I know Nubius is going to say something about condensation or how that's bad.:)

Water vapor is bad mm'kay!!

P.S. I know Nubius is going to say something about condensation or how that's bad.
lol I won't say anything Musjunk, but if anything ever happens don't forget to report it to us ;)

And JoeBX...here's your idea already done basically by another member in these forums:

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31363

or you could go completely insane with fans like I did:

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31244

:)

EDIT: BTW Musjunk a friend of mine has an AC unit propped up in his window. It's a little mini one meant for just a single room because his house's central air basically didn't work so his mom got one of these things for each of her kids in their rooms. Anyway my friends, if you left it on the coldest setting full blast would start to bog down because it would form ice crystals in itself lol and you had to turn on regular air to melt it a little.

OMG!! thats exactly what i want to do!

Damn i thought i was the first to think of that remember..

Great minds think alike

WOW it makes ice? My AC is kinda old and isn't really that cold anymore but it still works. I can't imagine what temp it would be if mine was that cold.

I remember the firt time I did that when I had a cd running in my machine for a while and popped it out and I was expecting it to be hot but the cd was ice cold!

i dont think taking the side of your case off helps very much, i tried it once and checked temps throughout it(cpu) went up 4 degrees idle when case side came off, then i put a big 18 inch fan beside my comp on high and it only went down 3 degrees... you got me/

Is this a good idea? OK it's almost winter and the temperatures are really cold and windy, maybe 40-50. My computer is next to the window and I have the window opened. I also took the case off the top of my PC.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned liquid nitrogen, even tho it's expensive and almost impossible to obtain if you're not a chem engineer...good thing my bro is :)! Does seem a little irrational/over the top tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom