Just tried some stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmo0n

Techalicious
I was reading some stuff on TF and some guy who had a similar chip to mine at a similar clock was @ 1.31v and i know my chip gets a bit hot and is at auto 1.375v.

So i went to bios and changed it to 1.325 which i thought wouldn't work, but works great and the cpu has dropped a few degrees.

Then i tried running prime 95 and it was going good so i also pulled up the 3d render on ATI Tray Tools and that was good as well with temps at.

Cpu:

Speedfan - Idle 33-35 load 44-49

Coretemp - Idle 40-45 load 50-61

Video:

Idle 42-48 load 65-73

Then i was looking at the bench and the Mem and GPU buttons had been highlighted so i clicked them. To my surprise they started working out the max Gpu and Mem for my card, which i didn't understand that it test small increases so i closed it after 1 test. Then when i tried the GPU i left it and noticed it testing bit by bit.

My Normal overclock is 580:1404 from 500:1200, so after getting to 580:1438 the screen flickered but it kept going, so i stopped it and tried the gpu which at 665:1438 made the screen go blank (which scared me cause i thought maybe Prime 95 crashed it) and then came back with the message in my tool bar that my Video Device had failed but had been successfully recovered.

What i am basically saying hear is that i am happy :happy: I like my new voltage since it decreased my cpu temp and now i know that i can take my video card to pretty nice heights i have new love for my pc :D

Thankyou for reading :)

congrats and nice work. I'd keep pushing the E6550, the g0 chips are amazing clockers....mine does 3.64ghz @ 1.33v! :)

wow thats pretty good.

I will put it higher when i get my NOCTUA cooler.

Would you even notice a difference after say 3.2 - 3.6

Why is such a big difference between SpeedFan and CoreTemp in your system? In mine Speedfan displays exactly the same temps as CoreTemp and HwMonitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom