Just overclocked comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just using some artic silver5 thermal paste alone/with your stock heatsink would help a ton, cause the old stuff was all gone...but if your buying the 7000 then still buy some artic silver 5, cause its the best thermal paste for lowering temps.

Thanks Vader. I thought about just reapplying some sorta paste, but I wanna overclock seeing as how it's a P4 2.4Ghz. Cause really, it doesn't have much else purpose left. Guess I can't get the coolermaster though since I ordered the Zalman. Here's hoping it doesn't suck. That quote in your sig is beyond funny. It genuinely made me laugh. Awesome.

Oh yeah the zalman 7000 is good. Good luck, let us know how it works out.

And it made me laugh too!!!

So ya, if anybody saw in my other thread I ordered the Zalman 7000B-ALCU. I've been beating myslef up for not getting the copper. That's irrevilent now cause it won't fit. I was worried about the power supply, but if you look at my picture my ATX power connector is RIGHT beside the Intel heatsink. So ya, unless those wires bend down and underneath, I'm SOL. Even then if the heatsink is gonna be hot do I really want my wires resting against it. Either I'm gonna have a brand new unopened Zalman for sale or here's hoping NCIX has a good return policy.

Don't beat yourself up just yet. If your borad was on the compatibilty list it should work. I just got the 9500 today and my board wasn't on the list. I emailed Zalman and they said there are alot of boards not on the list. I was surprized to see how big the 9500 was. There was a ton of room from where the heatsink mates with the cpu. I'm not sure on the 7000, but try it. I've found the specs they give for clearance issues on the 9500 only comes into effect if something is sticking up higher that the mounting bracket for the cpu heatsink. Thats b/c the heatpipes on the Zalman rise up a that makes the cooling fins above anything in the general area of the cpu heatsink bracket thats fixed to your board. If that makes sense. I'll try to get some pics posted.

For the 7000B-ALCU they have an incombatibility list. Mine wasn't on there. We'll see. I just don't see it working. Never even thought to look at that.

Well its not so much about mboard compatibility but the fact that it wont fit in his system cause the psu is in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom