Just overclocked comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein1jo

In Runtime
I just overclocked my P4 2.4GHz. Before overclocking it ran at an average 52C. I got it up to 2.6GHz and 58C. I stopped there and returned it to 2.4GHz. I don't know why my base temp is so high. I have round cables on the way cause they were 3 for $10, I have 2 case fans that each move 24CFM, and the stock Intel heatsink. Still, even though my cooling devices suck my base temp should be lower.

Well with stock cooling you cant really expect much, it also could be that you have poor cable managament restricting the air flow in your computer, look at buying a aftermarket hsf, and put alot of time into cable management and keep the airflow good.

Does anybody actually use chipset heatsinks or fans? Seens kinda useless to me.

Also, if I had 1 intake fan and 1 exhaust fan would it benefit to have the intake move more CFM than the than the exhaust fan....or the opposite....or both the same CFM.

Not to gloat, but I just OCed my P4 2.4 to 2.949 with idle temp at about 24c. Under load I saw around 58 w/stock cooling. On order I have a Zalman CNPS9500 and some AS5. My mem timings are still high, 3-3-3-8 so I'm going to try lowering those and see what I get. I did have it OCed to 3.01 with mem freq @ 500mhz, but saw some issues with testing memory with S&M. Prime95 ran a couple of hours at the 3.01 with no problems, and I played COD2 for a few hours at that setting w/o any problems. So who knows.

Sorry to be a bother, but are intake or exhaust fans more important? Like I said I have 2 80mm case fans both putting out around 24CFM. The one grinds so it's prob less. I am thinking of getting a Panaflo High Flow fan. Would it be better suited as intake or exhaust (higher CFM sucking in or blowing out)? I'd put in 2, but I only have 1 3 pin connector and the Panaflo only come in 3pin so I can only use 1. I may get a 3pin-4pin adapter, but would prefer not to.

You need to buy a new aftermarket CPU cooler. Like the zalman 7700 or 9500. Check compatibilty and if it will fit in your system before you buy it. I bought the Coolermaster hyper 48. I used to run at idle 52 degrees like you and now i run at 41 idle, and i just played bf2 . Ive also overclocked my 3.2 to 3.5 ghz....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106061

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835103157

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118223

Well, here's a pic of the inside of my case. My power wires are out of the way. So it appears all I need are round cables which are on the way. I have no room for the Zalman 7700. Looks like I have no room for nothing. Can someone please suggest something that will fit.

Attachments

• comp.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 117
Thanks, but it won't work. I have a s478. This sucks. I was really looking forward to the Zalman, but my power supply basically sits on my motherboard. That's prob why my processor is so hot too. It's right beside the power supply.

I idle at 39-41C and load at like 60C with my overclock and I am on stock cooling with 3 intake 80mm fans and 2 80mm exhaust fans.

Buy a bigger case and you can fit an aftermarker HS and fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom