Just installed Zalman with AS5 - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Content Team

Ya, when I ran Prime95 it was at my stock speed and was just to heat up the AS5. I then shut down my comp and let it cool. I read on the AS5 website that the heating and cooling cycles help it cure. My computer is back at the stock 2.4Ghz and 1.5V, I just turned it up to play around and see what it could do.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Content Team

Here's a screenshot of my temps. I have no idea what AUX is though and I haven't figured out if motherboard is my case temp or my chipset. My BIOS says case temp so who knows. Any ideas? Also, how are my voltages?

It's -29C outside and I got the window wide open. Wouldn't it be awesome if it was like this all the time, but with the window closed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temps.jpg (71.8 KB, 25 views)

Old 02-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by filter996
It's -29C outside and I got the window wide open. Wouldn't it be awesome if it was like this all the time, but with the window closed.
-29C? That's pretty darn cold. Where do you live? Your temperatures aren't bad - I'm assuming it's a Prescott?
Old 02-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Content Team

I live in Canada. It's acually been on average -5C for the past couple months which is quite unusual. -30C is normal for this time of year. But ya, I closed the window so the computer is running at normal room temp again. The case is 28C and the CPU is 42C. That seems to be what it settles at most of the time. I have a Northwood.

Does anyone know what Aux is? I still have no idea. I'm gonna assume my BIOS is confused and that even though it says case temp, the one that Everest says is mainboard is the temp of my chipset.

Closed Thread

« CS Source lag | Q's »