Just got my tuniq tower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raknor

In Runtime
Ok guys an update, first i took back the big typhoon and bought a tuniq tower 120 instead. from the get go it was better at cooling than the typhoon, at least by 7 or 8 degrees, but being the computer perfectionist that i am, i wansnt satisfied. as i googled and taking into account what others had told me i stupidly decided to lap both the processor and the heatsink... before i was idling at 41c and 69 load at 3.4 ghz. again this is with a e6600. so after lapping both (sanding) with a very fine paper, i pretty much convinced my self i was screwed.
i desperatly put my pc back together for the 5th time this week and prayed for a miracle. well atm im at 3.2 ghz idling at 33c and 45-48 on load. its amazing how cool this tower can get your proc. personally im not sure whether it was the lapping or that i put to little as 5 on the first time, but now im enjoying the stability of tuniq. i whole heartedly reccomend this heatsink to all c2 duo owners.

this is the reason why the Tuniq is a tech forums recommended brand
glad you are satisfied, but you gotta change your sig from e6600 duo 2.4ghz to e6600 c2d @3.2

I'm curious to know something...

Are you going to oc higher now that you have a better hsf? 3.2 seems rather low for having better than stock hsf.

Today I received my new hsf and will install tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers I can oc to 3.6 without changing ram. Oh, and I also hope to see low 30c's.

Good luck.

not sure just comfortable now at 3.2:) i suppose ill play around with getting it to 3.4 or 6 tomorrow

because we all know that cosair makes the best value ram, who needs those high end ram when we can keep cool [/sarcasm]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom