Just bought a 7950GT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Absolutly love it, so much faster and smoother than my old 7600GT, and plus when all my games are maxed out with max resolution the fan isnt even audible :D

Now onto the main point of this post, ive got some software with it called "winfox", according to the instructions its like a programme to tinker with your display settings and make the most of the card(as it says) and plus you can overclock within this programme aswell.

Just want to know is this worth installing or is it going to be "bloatware" that isnt really going to benefit me?

you could do all that through your nvidia display options... and if you want to overclock just download coolbits and you'll be able to overclock through your nvidia display options too

and that was a very nice buy, hope you enjoy in the future as well

i like riva tuner better than coolbits, but they were both pretty good

NosBoost300 said:
you could do all that through your nvidia display options... and if you want to overclock just download coolbits and you'll be able to overclock through your nvidia display options too

and that was a very nice buy, hope you enjoy in the future as well
wheres the overclocking thing in nvidia display options? i cant see anything that says overclock :confused: ive got the 93.71 drivers so there the lastest aswell

jonny_uk said:
wheres the overclocking thing in nvidia display options? i cant see anything that says overclock :confused: ive got the 93.71 drivers so there the lastest aswell

It should say Clock Frequency Settings, if you installed coolbits.

no i didnt install coolbits or anything because the guy above said i can do it through nvidia display options, but i cant see anything that resembles over clocking on there

I downloaded coolbits, extracted the files, then double clicked on the reg file, it said do i want to add this to........... so i said ok and it said successfully added to registry but nothing new has come on nvidia control panel or the nview desktop manger? i restarted my pc aswell but that didnt work, any ideas whats going on

EDIT. i found something to change my clock speed on Nvidia control panel, it was memory clock frequency and 3d clock frequency and it could find my optimal overclocking, does it sound like i found it or was this facility always on the control panel and i just didnt notice? nobody told me i needed to click on view and change from standard to advanced to be able to get the option, no wonder i couldnt see it :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom