The Jolly Soon to Be Lit Up Green Giant (56k Warning...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Case mod ideas, inspiration/discussion thread (56K Warning)

i just picked up a 4 set of 3" swiveling wheels that look really good mounted on the bottom of my case.

Woot dremel arrived today.

Freaking lightning fast shipping.

Bought through amazon from some random place and paid for it monday night. UPS delivered it about an hour ago and I immediately got to work.

Pics of course...

Looking nice!
Say... Can I borrow that when you get back in town :D
I think it will work better than the power drill :|

Previous experience tip (I think someone said this though): Take your time, cut slowly. Moving along quickly only breaks discs -___-

Don't forget to neaten the whole up with a file.

just use a sanding bit instead of a file, faster and easier...

anyways, dude... wear gloves... the little bits of metal flying off the case are hot 0_0... and make sure your wearing safety glasses...

i can deal with the hand thing, I'm wearing ear and eye protection though. Louder than ****...

you should go pick up some u-channel molding at an autobody store or some from mnpctech to cover up those ugly cutting areas (everybody gets them)

Petras is bringing some down for me.

Got the mesh I scavenged form my shelves cut to size for the front door.

My Dremel 400 Series XPR with 41 accesory kit was only $80 and isn't dangerous imo... unless your an idiot you won't get hurt since the kick isn't all that bad...

Anyways... they eat through cutting wheels crazy fast... Its like $8 bucks a set of 5... but if you have access to a jigsaw, you only need to make an initial cut with the dremel

anyways, mk, link to those cutters on some hardware site? I might pick up a set and try them
Speaking of idiots... I always slip and make mistakes with the dremel. Now i just use it fot fine/delecate work.

As to the cutters I was at HomeDepot and they had a 3 pack (straight,left and right hand cutter) for $10.

I sent a pair to aspire to use. I use the Wiss version (about $15 each) but I have had a pair for 25 years and they still work good. They arent like reg shears, these are compound action so there is a lot more force to cut heavy gauge metal.
Wiss®-Scissors, Shears, Snips, and Utility Knives

one secret to smoother cuts is while cutting dont cut all the way and alow the shears to close i cut about 3/4 of the way than allow them to open and keep cutting that way (it keeps from tweaking the metal as much)
you should go pick up some u-channel molding at an autobody store or some from mnpctech to cover up those ugly cutting areas (everybody gets them)
Excellent tip, MNPCTech is a GREAT place to get modding supplies and molding

PS: Aspire... that mesh is BEAUTIFUL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom