I've been inspired... my build log...

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i've got pics uploading right now, but it looks like it'll be a while, so maybe I'll just wait til it's all together, the rig has undergone wire-management, and the side panel w/ window finally arrives, but until then, at least I've got the 8800GT I ordered form newegg... heh...

alright... got it up and running, looks good... having a problem w/ the flash card reader I bought, but other than that I got all the other software and drivers up... next thing to do is to OC it...

oh yea, here's some pics for ya...

heres all the parts spread out on the floor...
102_0751.jpg

only thing missing is the G% mouse I got and the headphones (and the side window I bought for the case), which are already ripped out of their packaging... I got excited to get the last packages...
oh yea and the 8800GT, none of which were here when this pic was taken...

fully operational system up and running, lights and all...
-coming soon-

hey everybody... so it's been a while since I've had a chance to sit down at a computer for longer than 3 minutes... over a month I guess... so here I am updating this work log... finally.

got the rig put together... works decently...

went out shopping the day after Thanksgiving... BAD IDEA... got a WD 120GB external HDD for like $50 though... finally got everything transfered from my old computer to that and have it hooked into the new rig... so no documents on the internal, just OS and drivers for the mouse and keyboard and stuff...

btw pics of that are coming soon, I promise... as soon as I find my camera...

anyway, ran into a little bit of a dilema... I've just realized that besides snapping everything together I have no idea how to tweak the brains of this thing... such as clock speeds, or setting the bios or any of that... and it seems like this new computer is running slower than my old one.
I'm sure the old one got pre-tweaked before it even left the factory, only to sit on the shelf at some huge electronics chain (such as best-buy) before my friend bought it (where it sat in his room in constant use for five years) before he sold it to me, and it is still running smoother than the new one.
What gives?
Is there a quick fix?
If I only knew what to look for, I'm sure I could fix it for myself, but is it something that I might need a pro for?
And does anyone on here live close to northern Indiana that might be able to help me for less money than it would cost for say the geek squad (or any other professional computer repair service) to fix for me? I'm open to suggestions please..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom