intel overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel multipliers are locked. All you can do is raise the FSB. You don't want to use memory dividers, because the crappy architecture of the P4 makes it so that if you set a memory divider, its gonna hit you with a pretty big performance loss.

Basically...raise the HTT...thats all. The voltages and stability testing are the same as with K8-based processors.

You don't want to use memory dividers, because the crappy architecture of the P4 makes it so that if you set a memory divider, its gonna hit you with a pretty big performance loss.
That's a pretty silly thing to say about pentium architecture as other Athlons comparable to a 1.8GHz P4 also used the "crappy" north bridge memory controllers...as far as performance decrease, that's a yes and no question...yeah, if you're comparing it to a 1:1 ratio of the same speed...but considering he's still increases processor clock cycles he's still going to be getting through more instructions regardless of memory bandwidth

Basically...raise the HTT...thats all. The voltages and stability testing are the same as with K8-based processors.
Again, needs clarification...since K8 processors have intergrated memory controllers chances are chipset voltage doesn't need to be tweaked with modest overclocking...however on older north bridge memory controllers increasing north bridge voltage will most likely attribute higher clockspeeds

Aah. I'm not familiar with Intel overclocking so I didn't know the chipset voltage had to be modified, lol.

i know intel chips kinda suck compared to amd. but in a few months ill have a brand new computer with a venice 3200+ and 1 gig of ram so im not even gonna bother

Well intel chips dont suck. Yes, AMDs are clocked lower than intel CPU's and they can compete very easily. But that is the reason why they Intels depend on sheer speed.

Im guessing you can get your 1.8ghz p4 to 2.2ghz without any voltage modifications or anything else, and it should run fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom