Intel i7 Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulquiorra Schiffer

In Runtime
Hi, I've never overclocked before, so I came here to ask how to overclock a Intel i7. I've never actually seen someone overclock, so I don't know the process. For more information, my specs are in my signature.

We'll need more information than that to help you out. If I'm reading your pic right you have an Alienware PC so you should be able to overclock it. But it would help to know what motherboard they used. Take the side panel off and look at the motherboard. You should be able to see the Make (Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte, Msi ect..) and the model number on the board somewere.

There was a XML document of my systems specs, I'll just post the motherboard information from it.

Motherboard Information
hr.gif

• MB_Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
  • MB_Product: P6T DELUXE
  • MB_SerialNumber: MB-1234567890
  • MB_Version: Rev 1.xx

Bump. Please help out. :)

Don't bump your own thread. The forums have been slow lately, people will get to you when they get to you.

^ just take your time with it.. If something doesn't work out, just ask.. No harm no foul (unless you fry something, lol.. I've popped that cherry.)

You know how to do a CMOS reset, right? You may need that.

And at least I'm not the only one who notices that the boards have been slow.. This is the only section on here I really care about, the tech section! lol

you sure did start out with an expensive system to learn with.

edit to reset csmos there a few ways.

the first is the easiest. some motherboards have a reset button (for cmos)

the second way is to use the jumpers (for cmos)

the 3rd is to simply take out the battery (round) for a few minutes.

if you have your motherboard manual, open it up and read it. (if you dont, go to asus and download it)
it will inform you on alot of stuff.

and if you have extra cash laying around,......buy some cheap conponents and try to assemble a pc yourself (assuming you didnt put that one together), once you have succesfully built a pc, you become familar with it and how it ticks somewhat. thats just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom