Intel i7-2600 (no 'k') Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuffinTitz

Beta member
Hey everyone, im not a noob when it comes to computers however when it comes to overclocking its a different story, newbie question im sure but i have a Intel i7-2600 (no 'k') chip which runs 3.4ghz stock and 3.7-3.8 turbo. Now ive read throughout the forums of people pushing this chip up to 4ghz if not further, now i probably wont need to push mine so far however a few easy instructions on how to do so to a minor extent would be fantastic.

Build:

CPU- Intel i7-2600
CPU Heatsink- Zalman 120mm copper 2ball cooler
GPU- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
Motherboard- ASUS Sabertooth P67
P/Supply- Corsair hx850w
Memory- (2x 4g) Sniper G.Skill
Case- Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Mid Tower

Fan set up allows air to enter through 2 120mm fans in the front and out the top of the rear of the case through a 120mm and 200mm fan set

According to EVGA's gpu monitoring program and ASUS's thermal radar my cpu stays around 18-20c and gpu around 32-35c idle, however im not sure how hot it reaches with consistent use, hottest ive seen it however with games and multiple browsers running at the same time was around 45c and thats hot for my gpu

Any feedback would be great :D thanks everyone

~MuffinTitz

Thanks a lot Roark, the guide was very knoledgable on the subject and definatly helped me loads with the process of overclocking!!

Much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom