So a week or so ago i made this thread Clicky
asking if an i5 would perform close to or identical as a quad core i7 with hyper threading off at the same Over clock, and the general consensus was, yes... an i5 and an i7 with hyper threading off at the same over clock would perform equally.
well... id like to put that theory to the test with an experiment.
So this is that part where i need you folks with intel i5's or i7's to participate.
If you have an i5 750 at 4ghz or any quad core i7 LGA 1366 processor with hyper threading off at 4ghz, please run 3DMark vantage, but just the processor tests and post your results.
parameters of the test:
- Run the 3Dmark Vantage Benchmark with " performance settings "
- Also Run the Benchmark with the pre-set " 1280 - 1024 " screen resolution.
- If you are using an i7 or an i5 it must be overclocked to 4ghz
- when you post your results, please post a screen shot of both the vantage score and a CPUID screen shot showing that you are indeed at 4ghz in the same screen shot.
- this test is to determine if an 1156 i5 750 will equal a quad core 1366 i7 with hyper threading off, so the 1156 i7 is not part of the experiment.
- If you have a graphics card with physX, please Disable PhysX
if you can think of any other variables that im not thinking of that will void the tests lemme know.
and finally, i have high hopes for this experiment, and it all relies on your participation, so if you have a processor that falls into the test parameters of the test, please participate, the more tests, the better we can see the results.
Thanks A lot guys!
1. mib2347: i5 750; Score: 18333
2. C101: i7 920; Score: 18219
3. Slaymate: i7 920; Score: 18442