Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be roughly 20 below 0 where ever they are testing that. Also, you do realize i was able to push 4.5ghz on my c0 before i smoked it and the board due to stupidity right? The new d0's are just lucky chips.

I would kick myself in the butt if I did that.

On another note, I was planning on waiting a good 4-5 months before I built a new rig since I only have my laptop now or even waiting to see how the i5's are. But 4.4Ghz on air is incredible. Toms was only able to run the C0 stepping up to 4.0GHZ and that presented heat issues and brought the performance down thanks to the throttling. If more and more of these D0's role out and people are getting 4.0 and up, I'm not going to be able to wait. A Core i7 betwee 4.0 and 4.4 paired with DDR3-2000 just sounds too good to wait on. Not to mention you're looking at only just under $1000 for an i7 build now.

EDIT: I just googled D0 i7 and got this-

Intel Core i7 D0, worth every cent : Intel Processor Forum

4.2Ghz @ 1.2v but it's not quite ROCK solid yet but real close.

Speechless.

Someone I know on another forum just got a D0 version and got this clock on the STOCK cooler :/

i7cpuz.jpg

Notice how it says that real temp is "Not Responding" in that pic. It also says on real temp that its at 2400Hmz, so obviously those temps are from when it stopped responding at that 2.4Ghz. So its probably not stable and its probably temps at double that.

Still, it seems like they are gret overclockers.

Yeah I spoke too soon, he said it was not stable....but he is getting a TRUE today and will be trying for a proper clock.

Man, on stock cooling...I wonder what it would do on water. 5ghz? :p I mean, the % of overclock on this already is insane. 1.54ghz overclock is nothing to sniff at on stock cooling, that's for sure. What can you overclock an E8400 at on stock cooling? Maybe over 4ghz at most? And that's only going from 3ghz, not 2.66...

I really want to see what this thing can do.

i want to see it with lower voltages and less heat, remember guys, i was able to get over 4.2 with the stock cooler with 50-55 idle temps when i7 first came out, let's not call this a B3 -> G0 yet....the bus clocks do look very impressive in that XS link

http://www.techist.com/forums/1506344-post74.html

Wowza. 4.2 with "teh" stock cooler.

So the B3's were able to hit 3.1-3.2 from 2.66. A G0 usually ran at 3.6GHZ on air, a bit higher on H20, but that wasn't just because of heat. A C0 can run at 3.8 on air from 2.66, stable 24/7. 4.0 happends on air, but heat goes up a lot.

If this is like B3-G0, and people are getting D0 4.3-.4 on air stable, we're talking about what, 4.5-.7 on H20. But this is assuming a LOT. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII might need to get back into water cooling again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom