Intel or AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
My girlfriend's sister wants me to build her a computer this summer. Now my question is, should i go Intel or AMD? She mostly going to be doing internet surfing, MSN, music and the ocasional game or two (nothing intense)... and she doesn't want a Celeron or Semperon. If I decide to build her an Intel system it would cost a lot more than AMD, is it worth going Intel for this system?

why doesnt she want a sempron or celeron if she isnt gonna be doing intensive stuff 嫃_嫃

I don't know, she's got $2000 to spend, so she doesn't see the point of cheaping out. She also wants it to last a bit longer than low end products.

Ok, well since she doesnt do alot of gaming I say go Intel for this one. Also uzi9mm is right, $2000 is overkill even for a supreme computer.

reggie_da_man said:
she's got $2000 to spend

$_$ wow, if i was gonna use it for internet surfing ill just get a P3 900mhz, 128mb ram and a 40 gig HD >_>' lol, and i would play starcraft and warcraft, and maybe some half life and diablo 2 :D

Oh wait...... $2000 Canadian. Which currently is $1,618.

that still is alot a money......... You could just buy a used computer,maybe a p3 like contry said.

lol $1618 for a internet comp *drools*

omg i had 1275 for a gaming comp

but try and convince her to get a amd xp or sempron cos it sounds like she won't accept a p3

contry said:
$_$ wow, if i was gonna use it for internet surfing ill just get a P3 900mhz, 128mb ram and a 40 gig HD >_>' lol, and i would play starcraft and warcraft, and maybe some half life and diablo 2 :D

lol i think 40gig might be overkill:) :) i mean my mum was useing a comp with p166 32mb ram 3gig hdd and 8Xcdrom for ages and it was fast enough until it died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom