Installing Socket A CpU

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnymanboy

In Runtime
I'm about to order my athlon xp-m, and I've heard that socket A is extrememely hard to do, got any tips?

I'm scared.

bunnymanboy said:
I'm about to order my athlon xp-m, and I've heard that socket A is extrememely hard to do, got any tips?

I'm scared.

???HARD??? All you do is pop in the processor, and if you are using the stock heatsink then use a screwdriver to push down the clip. people have had bad luck while pushing in the clip and slipped, smashing there mobo. But this is easily solved by holding the screwdriver at the tip with BOTH hands, pushing straight down, and if you want you can place a small block of wood under where you are pushing (just incase you slip and hit the mobo)

really though, if you have the strength of a little girl and steady hands its easy as pie. i've never had any poblems even when i first did it.

newer hetsinks come with thumbtabs, so you just push on it with your thumb and it pops into place. safer than the screwdriver method.

Where did you hear that socket A is extrememly hard to do?? All you do is put in the cpu, apply some kind of thermal compoud/pad and put the heatsink on. Easy as pie!

Delete the thread. BTW: On my heatsink, on one side of the clip there is a + thingy, is that the screwdriver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom