installing DFI lanparty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
also, another thing that may be important, on the bottom left side of the mobo there are four red LEDs that are on when i turn it on.

none of the led's turn off? seems most likely a) cpu issue b)ram issue c)power issue or perhaps a buggered motheboard. if all 4 lights stay on it is supposed to indicate a cpu issue. my guess is check that you have ALL power connectors attached to the motherboard. check the motherboard manual and it should indicate where they all are. next check your ram, try it in slots 1+3 if it is not already. failing that try one stick at a time in the different slots.

i finally found the section in the book that describes the LEDs, and it indicates that when all the red leds are on, it means everything is working fine. no LEDs means boot-up, one led means VGA detected, three leds means CPU detected, and the fourth led means system start-up. or i could have it backwards because there is also no beep when i turn it on.

also, i think i have all the power things connected. theres two on the motherboard right? i think i have everything plugged in correctly. some where i thought i saw it say that i had to do a CMOS clear for 8 hours. is this true?

its the other way round lazer.. 4 means system start 3 means cpu detected 2 means ram detected and 1 means gpu detected. no leds on means it booted correctly..

omg im such a noob lololol it was just i forgot to plug in a 8pin power thing thank u guys so much!
yes!!!

ouch yea if my CPU was damaged i think i'd start crying. i love my cpu.... plus i dont have any money right now to afford a new one.

okay yea but i have another problem now. i finally got it to boot into windows but then it shut off sunddenly without me pushing any buttons and now it doesnt start back up. i didnt mess with any settings at all. the moniter doesnt come on now and there are three red LEDs on. it means that the VGA was detected, and DRAM wasn't but the light near the DRAM is on. could it have possible overheated? i have the case open on my kitchen counter working with it. there is a fan on the case cover that was there.. could that have done it? it was on less than a minute. i had just put in my windows password and it was loading when it shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom