Increase minimum clock speed in laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffmorse

Beta member
How do I increase the minimum clock speed in my Dell Inspiron 2200. CPU is Pentium M 1.6GHz 400 FSB. used CPU-Z and it always clocks at 600MHz the minimum setting in BIOS

That may be one of those cpu idling features. When the cpu is idle it will bring the clock speed on the cpu down...

Put the cpu under some sort of load, multi task or something thenopen cpu-z while doing so.

Thanks for the tip. I did run in safe mode and found that it ran at full speed; any thoughts? I would think safe mode would put the least load on. Is there any way to modify the bios to change the minimum? I have flashed it with the latest update.

Thanks for the tip. I did run in safe mode and found that it ran at full speed; any thoughts? I would think safe mode would put the least load on. Is there any way to modify the bios to change the minimum? I have flashed it with the latest update.

Why do you want to increase the minimum clockspeed? When it is necessary the CPU will jump up the multiplier.

I have not been able to get the machine to run above the minimum; under load it stays at 600MHz. I am just about ready to abandon it and go with another faster machine.

Thanks; I did both fixes and the speedswitchxp worked as advertised. Thanks for your help.

regards,
Jeffmorse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom