Impressive? or am i just too happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtk pro l

Daemon Poster
ok, I have an old chip. (socket A). i have no clue what it is but i know the stock frequency is 1.2 ghz. it is an AMD. in cpu-z it says a 2600+, but i thought they were only made with barton cores and this is a throuroughbred. i came across this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103350 and thought it might be my cpu but its not. (the frequency is 2.083).

so i was confused, but none the less i started overclocking it just for fun and was amazed at the potential. i hit 2.43 with no ram divider (cuz the bios wont let me, dont know why?) and some pc3200 hyperx with very loose timings. i was wondering if this is considered good or is it just a regular overclock.

p.s. i have 2 of the chips and they are pretty much equal is ocing ability.

woops almost forgot the validation: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=82576

wow... I don't see how the **** that could be in any shape or form stable at all. If you don't respond I'll assume that your computer has exploded while you were on it and you subsequently died of fatal injuries, hence, the inability to respond...

lol. nah its pretty stable. the only thing really holding me back is the power supply and heat issues. whenever i get my phase change back ill start going farther.

and what do you mean my RAM isnt running at stock speeds.

btw, i ran superpi and 512k i got 23s. not the best.

well i already have it. me and my friend bought one together for his fx-60. he has it right now. i usually run it on my 4400+, just to see what it can do. but i guess since i started with this chip might as well but phase on it for about an hour or so and see what its got in it.

wth how in the world did you reach 2.4!? Thats crazy cool. Lol tell us how high you can get with that phase change cooler

I Could be wrong here but that sounds perfertly normal to me... for a stock throuroughbred system.
Whats your stock FSB? you know PC3200 should run at 200MHz right? or is it slower ram thats just being recognised as PC3200 because of overclock?

It look very much like your system is underclocked, not overclocked :-/

yeah the RAM is underclocked because I wasnt trying to set any WR in superpi, so i went ahead and underclocked to see the chips oc. i might try overclocking the RAM and the chip at the same time, but i dont know much about RAM or OCing it. o and pzerofgh i know its 23 seconds, thats why i typed 23s. the s meaning seconds, yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom