implications of a 12" fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
well for my new case im making ive come up with some designs, and i was thinking of intergrating a 12" fan into one of the side, take the stand off, cut a big round hole, and link it up to the power supply, would this work, that would be some badass cooling. the only problem i can see, the psu may not have the juice, and with a gaping great hole in the side and a fan blowing on the componets its gonna create a load of dust, but i could but some real fine mesh over it to stop that, what do you thnk?

Whats wrong with plug the fan into the mains?

All motors run on DC though, unless if there is a different type that I haven't seen.

Anyway, you will need to extract the air that the fan puts into the case some how. A holesaw will come in useful and a couple of 120mm fans on the top of the case.

yea, i guess i could just plug it in to the mains, its not quite the same, it would have ruled to turn on the comp and this gian fan starts spinning, yea but i could put a fan on the back to extract.

wait did you say all fans run on dc, does that mean i could do it?

ok ive just thought i copuld use one of those 12" fans you put in cars, umm for the radiotor i think, ya know, they have like 8 blades, low profile, would that work?

I just had a look and there are AC fans (wonders how they work.)

It would also be cheaper to go to a scrap/garage and ask for their cheapest radiator fan. The only problem with them is they are not really designed to be quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom