im a total absolute newb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcsavageboy

In Runtime
hey. ive been searching these forums for awhile and couldnt find my answer. i want to buy a custom case for my pc. my question is what info do i need to know in order to order the right case. will any case work with any computer parts. my computer now is a Dell(ya i no nothing special) its a dell dimension 4550. if someone could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

Dells have their own parts made. Generally a Dell mobo isn't going to fit into your standard ATX form factor case.

mainly the motherboard as far I know is the main different part as far as it's form goes.

You'd need a dell case to fit it...it's a dell specific part unless that motherboard happens to be an ATX Form factor which you'd have to contact dell to get a definitive answer for

As far as case manufacturer?

There is none for dell dude, dell machines are dell specific. You have to contact dell if you want anything from them unless you go and know someone who makes cases and can specifically make one just for you, which I don't know of any custom cases makers.

no i meant a manufactorer for my mother board. assuming thats the the only part thats dell specific, i might buy a new one. i need a new 1 anyway.

You need to get a Dell mobo. It has to be dell.Go ebay and
look for motherboard that have been pulled from other Dell Dimensions. They use a proprietary chassis system. But you could "ghetto rig" an ATX mobo if you wanted to drill new holes into the case. ATX compliant holes that is :D

im sorry but that was really an entire other language to me. is there a lamer lamens term.

u mean my computer wont accept anything other than a dell motherboard?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom