im looking to water cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
k well im moding my apolo and im looking for a descetn water cooling kit. im thinking il cut a whole thru my mobo tray and have the radiator on the other side of it and cut a hwole thru my side panel, il also be puttign a design there but that dont matter, anyway im lookign for a water cooling kit for about 250$ thatd be relatively good, i want thinck tubing tho and uv read coolant if possible, whent it comes to water cooling im clueless...
i saw this on ncix is it any good?

NCIX.com - Buy NCIX Water Cooling Ultimate 240 REV.2 CPU Water Cooling Kit - ULTIMATE-240-H20-KIT-REV2 In Canada.

ok and thats a t line res? set up im guessing, and should i bu ya new case aswell, because im looking into mien and its preaty cramped, not even sure id have room to fit a pump. i was lookign at an nzxt zero, and putting an acrilyc window on it, or should i cut a whole thru my mother board tray and into my side panel and mount the radiator there? where would i mount a pump?
242ym1d.jpg

wire management is much better right now i cant get a rescent pic becasue my camera is broken.
im alos puttign in a 3870x2 and possibl a second.
so i think itd be a good idea to get a diferent case, i like the look of the cosmos S but its at 250$ which is almost resonable to me.

Most people mount their pump on the bottom of the case. I'm not exactly sure where you're getting, with cutting a hole through the motherboard tray, into your side panel, and mounting the rad there. Please explain.

Also, if you're up for a new case, I would suggest waiting for the NZXT Tempest. It's like the Antec 900, but better. Has better cooling (2x120mm front, 1x120mm side & rear, 2x140mm top), and wire management (pre-drilled motherboard tray holes).

More info on Tempest:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/nzxt-unveils-tempest-mid-tower-steel-chassis-170688/

i am also getting the kit listed by B1 when i have the money, its the best i could find anywhere for the price. I am also not sure how i am going to install it in my nzxt lexa blackline case.

like cuttign thru the mother board tray and mounting the rad on the back of the mobo tray, but for it to fit i have to cut a hole in the side panel aswell, i think i way go for a new case before i go water cooling. i think il get this case.NCIX.com - Buy Coolermaster Cosmos S Black E-ATX Aluminum Case 7X5.25 4X3.5INT Front USB & Sound - RC-1100-KKN1 In Canada.
and replace the side panel with an acrilyc window, it still leaves me with the question of what kit to get.
p.s. the case will be lit up in red.

I'd recommend a custom kit

I think the best radiator's so far are the Thermochill PA series (I've got one in my system)

They're designed for low speed fans, and perform a lot better than Black Ice or Swiftech radiators with the same low speed fans.

Some of the Black Ice radiators are designed for high speed fans (GTX models), and can come close to the Thermochill radiators with high speed fans on both, but the Thermochill PA's still perform better.

The block the ncix kit comes with basically requires that you buy the replacement cooper top as the plating on the stock aluminum top is insufficient to protect against galvanic corrosion.

Also the 2 pumps are almost identical when it comes to performance curves.

I highly reccomend the petras kit as a great performing mid range setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom