I'm building a new case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well good luck...everyone over here will be anxious to see how it turns out(hopefully a success)

well you better start workling on your project...and stop wasting your time here!!!

oh yeah, i didnt mention how big this thing is going to be

20x20x20 I.D.

yeah, its gonna be BIG and have lots of room.

Building my own case is something I would definitely want to do, but I don't have any of the right tools. Too bad I wasn't into this when I was in high school, cause metals shop sure was fun...

please tell me your kidding about MDF how cheap are you!!!!

no, not kidding..its cheap and effective...if i wanted to build out of metal i'd just spend the extra $250 and buy the real case.

its gonna be painted and such. no one will ever know its MDF

Seriously... MDF. Even 1/8 in tin would be better then that.

But if it works, go with it

I wanted to add that even my small mid-tower is 20in. long (from rear to cd drives) Sure you don't want to go 20x20x25?

metal doesn't cost anything go down to B&Q get some corner bars for the frame and cut to size with a hacksaw and buy some metal sheets again don't cost much either. you may be interested in

lian-li pc-v300 lookalike project log (i cant think of a name for it!) - Kustom PC's Forums

If your going wood then use a show wood not mdf which has no structural strength it uses the frame which means that all of the weight and abuse the case gets is supported just by the frame not by the side walls

have you actually ever used MDF before? you do know that a 15"x15" sheet of aluminum is more than a 8'x6' piece of MDF

i used to work at different car audio shops building speaker boxes. i've used enough MDF to know what i can do with it. don't judge my ability to make something until you've seen previous work.

so once again, you guys need to quit telling me how to build my case. its MINE NOT YOURS.

and no, tin wouldn't be better than MDF. MDF actually absorbs sound and is easier to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom