I'm building a new case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgcook

Fully Optimized
Thats right.

I will need a bigger case for watercooling here soon. So i'm building my OWN case.

I have the design in rough form right now of how i want to build it.

I won't reveal the design just yet. The actual panels and such should be done this weekend. I have to go hardware shopping to get a few things first.

All I will say, is this thing is going to be a MONSTER. It will prob. blow some peoples minds when they see it.

That's called metal working there. Others would go with a full tower over the Antec 900 seen in your sig for water cooling setups. Between the pull out forward drive cages with 120mm fans there with a plastic cowling on the top one and the overall layout seeing the supply at the bottom it kind of throws things off for water cooling.

The fans included use four molex type 12v power connectors generally used on ide drives if your supply has the second rail for those. The only two plugged into the board here are the single 120 on the side cover and the Zalman 9700's own fan. Even without watercooling while great on air flow you still get cramped with cables when having extra drives installed.

easy make sure you get a rivet gun and a dremmel (rotary tool) and some metal working blades for your jigsaw and its a piece of cake to make as long as you do have some physical labour DIY skills

easy make sure you get a rivet gun and a dremmel (rotary tool) and some metal working blades for your jigsaw and its a piece of cake to make as long as you do have some physical labour DIY skills

i've got all the tools i need

and i DONT need metal working tools ;)

The only place I could see any application of wood would be for a face plate on the front of the case. You would still be working off of a metal framework for mounting the board, supply, drives, fans. Also make sure you provide for adequate cooling. A bottled up tight case will see higher temps overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom