I'm Back?: The Slaughterbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
Hey... I think I might head back here for all the hardware discussion... forums like OCN, TPU and [H] have way too many super experienced people posting all the time... I'll stay on OCN for the case modding discussion since there is a much, much larger group of people in that forum there, but I'll come back here for hardware! (I think?)
I wanted to post my first real case mod...! since 'Project UV Blue' and 'The Flash' really failed... Anyways its for the Modshop.net 'Games Challenge!' Checkout the modshop.net page for my rig and vote for me in upcoming battles, but in the meantime, here is the finished product!

normal_DSC01202.JPG

This next picture is my favorite... the lighting was perfect and really created a nice effect.

normal_DSC01204.JPG

normal_DSC01205.JPG

normal_DSC01206.JPG

normal_DSC01207.JPG

normal_DSC01208.JPG

normal_DSC01209.JPG

normal_DSC01210.JPG

normal_DSC01211.JPG

normal_DSC01212.JPG

Re: Stencil Cut Windows

lol thanks, I was going to do a lot more with it, but my budget literally ended lol! not to mention today is the deadline for submission...

thanks though!

and the title needs to be changed atm heh

looks good. Did you use a dremel to cut those corners on the acrylic window side by hand? They seem alittle off

lol yeah, they are off, although I used a jigsaw

it was my first time with a jigsaw on aluminum and I undercompensated for the turning radius... thus some of the corners got screwed up

I was way too lazy to grind/file/sand lol

in my defense 'it matches the theme of the case which is gritty, bloody and industrial' its a hole made by a redeemer! (UT3's 'NUKE' weapon)

well besides that. I think it was tastefully done. Something I would definitely pay for to have done to my case. I like the splatter and window

actually, the red flourescent window was something I regretted

the way I had originally invisoned it was to have a red dye that actually looked good under UV light so that only the tubes/coolant would glow under the light... thus there would be a clear window and the lines of coolant would be 'blood veins'

sadly, the clear acrylic piece I ordered from PPCS was cracked... didn't bother with a RMA and just went ahead and started ordering from mcmaster-carr

now I only order from there! the acrylic I received was spectacular! I could literally roll the acrylic at a ~25* bend and it wouldn't crack or even stay that way, it would just flex back (normally acrylic would crack...) and it isn't flexible for some reason, yet it does flex under extreme pressure... crazy!

drilling is easy and causes no cracking and same with cutting!

I just actually ordered 10 pieces of 12" x 12" acrylic of various colors for my possible foray into a computer modding business which would fabricate case windows (custom stencil cut windows, hence the name of this thread [I accidentally name the wrong threads the wrong titles lol]) by hand for a cheaper price then those associated with major manufacturers

anyways... thanks for the great compliments! the blood splatter effect is very very simple, you should try it if you have a spare case or some sheet metal, you'll see anyone can do it!

all you have to do is to spray red spray paint into the circular cap for a few seconds, then you just fling the cap at the case (without letting go, just the motion) and the paint will hit and splatter like blood drops! its beautiful and I might even consider making a video because I received a lot of positive response about it on OCN and at first glance it might seem difficult

I really regret that I didn't put nearly as much stuff on the outside of the case as I had planned... originally the black window on the left panel was going to be engraved/etched... and the mesh was going to be backed with black acrylic (chain link fence-ish) and I was going to etch the right side red panel with a crosshair and a gun like a UT3 FPS point of view in game...

Not to mention I didn't finish off the cuts... I spent minimal time grinding and I let mistakes pass...

but anyways, in the future if I ever start a small home business, I'll definitely pay the utmost attention to quality... personally I find working on cases is way too big a project for me... so I think I'll stick with small parts... like etching, cutting and fabrication of various custom windows to order and to have them stocked on my site in various forms with options (different color panel backings to create color effects etc.)

wow... that was a long post

edit:

oh and about the design of the case itself: the airflow in the case is directed vertically, that is why I built those little struts on the bottom which lift the case up to provide better intake from the two 120mm fans on the bottom of the case (can be swapped for a radiator) and the two 120mm front and back fans are directed inwards, there is also the radiator which is on top with two 120mm fans pushing air straight up through the case.

I love how people always generalize and say that putting a double loop, let alone a single loop system in a midtower case is hard... this is a minitower (extended horizontally to fit the ATX board... the PSU location was moved to the front in this case and the airflow was reversed stock from the factory) and yet I could easily fit atleast 2 loops... maybe a third if I put a radbox on the back... and yet another if I mounted another radiator on the top with some shrouds...

cup, in my opinion this case is the best I have seen on the forums.

The case is solid, great paint texture, amazing design, and not to mention the hard killing look you gave it, 10/10.

lol thanks mate!

I think I might sell this case off for relatively cheap... probably like $150 since retail its like $100... thats probably around $120-125 total in supplies, so $25 for labor

With that money I can begin working on building a little shop!

If I don't or can't sell it... I will revisit it to bring it up to par with my original plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom