i7 Overclocking Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing as always Slay! I wish there was something like this when I went to OC my i7 but the people on the forums (Mainly Slay) helped me a lot with my OC :)

Kudos to you Slaymate.

Very nice and should help out alot of people who visit this thread.

I would think this thread would be very popular.

Just read through it again, and I didn't see anything about safe limits for each voltage. That may be something to think about adding as that is a pretty important piece of info for newbies who don't want to fry their new parts.

Most bios have the so called "Safe Voltages" colored coded. But there isn't really a "Safe" Voltage. All you have to do is browse this forum and you'll find numerous users with overheating issues at totally stock settings.

To me, the most important factor is Heat. Monitor your Heat and Regulate it.

Some people get into overclocking and think they need a Monster Heatsink or Water Cooling so they can shoot a bunch of volts thru something and run Blistering Fast. Unless your attempting to set a World Record or a Forum Record (in which case you don't need to read my guide) that just isn't the correct way to approach overclocking, imho.

To me, the purpose of a Monster Heatsink or an Advanced Cooling Cooling System, is to overclock with as little voltage as possible. While the results might seem to be the same, I think it's what makes my overclock better than most :D

I am seriously impressed with the ammount of work you put in to this guide Slaymate.

I am an AMD fanboy and I don't know jack about Intel overclocking, but if any of my customers ever decide they want a custom overclocked Intel I7 rig (which has happened once or twice, on rare occasion), This guide is going to be my #1 spot for I7 overclocking information.

By the way, if I ever put together a monster I7 rig for a customer, I'm going to attempt to beat your Super Pi record before I deliver it to them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom