i7 build pics and raid0 SSD benchmark result

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle5968

In Runtime
i finished my first i7 build couple days ago. this is my first time overclocking. right now i am in the process of doing research gathering all the programs that i need to monitor everything
OS is on 2x 60GB vertex turbos FW 1.5 RAID0
heres some pics
DSC01426.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

alot of hoses...the ek full block alone has 4 barbs

DSC01431.jpg

DiskBenchmarksHAF.jpg

WEI.jpg

didnt mess with BIOS yet besides setting up raid arrays

can any1 tell me how to make a signature with my system specs?

Congrats on the first build! You did a pretty nice job there.

To make a signature (now that you are allowed one), go to your User CP, and click on "Edit Signature" on the left side.

You are only allowed a text sig for now, up until you have over 100 posts (quality posts), that you are allowed graphic signatures. Text signatures may not exceed 15 lines in size 1, or 8 lines in size 2. Text size 3 and above is not allowed.

I hate to burst your bubble but Raiding SSD's is an Extremely Bad Idea. Raid disables TRIM.

The TRIM command allows an Operating System to tell a Solid State Drive which data blocks are no longer in use, such as those left by deleted files. An OS operation such as delete generally only means the data blocks involved are flagged as not in use. TRIM allows the OS to pass this information on to the SSD controller, which otherwise would not know it could overwrite those blocks safely.

While your SSD's may be screaming fast right now, it won't take long before they start performing like crap. Disable Raid, Enable AHCI and reinstall Windows.

i was looking into that but it was said that ocz drives with newer firmware have much more aggressive garbage collection and didnt need TRIM. Not sure how much of that was true but i got them anyway..got a good deal of them .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom