i7 920, 3.0GHz, 69 C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture of HWMonitor
http://img94.imageshack.us/i/picto.png/

I attached the Bios stuff -- I did not know where to find the first set of info, but changed everything to what you have said.

soulphire, I have re-seated it twice with the AS5, and it I did the line method both times, using a very small amount down the cpu vertically. It seemed to work out better vertically than horizontally, but as far is screwing it in, it might be a little off center.

EDIT: The first picture IS under a 100% load using Prime 95.

Attachments

• Bios Copmlete.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 35
Disable Turbo mode, change the cpu frequency to 160, change the memory ratio to 2:10 (so the memory stays at 1600Mhz)

Ste: I was not going to perform any overclocking until I had received the AS5 worrying about temperature issues. I received it today and just came back to this thread, and I will read those now.

Oh ok.

If the temps are still not what you would like you may want to lap the IHS and heat sink.

I read through the guide, but might have to again. It was sort of confusing. I will re-seat it, and put just ONE dot in the center of the i7, size of a grain of rice I believe??

soul: I did what you said, and I got temps of (in order) 68 C, 66C, 64C, and 62C. I ran Prime for around 5 minutes.

EDIT: After 8 minutes or so, I was at 70,70,69,69, and my computer suddenly just shut off. Apparently not stable? And very hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom