i5 2500K Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be stable at 4.7GHz with 1.365v. When I clocked it up to 5.1GHz to do a SuperPi run I had to put 1.55v into it to get it too boot. I'm not really sure weather or not I should go any further for fear that my CPU will wear out faster due to the increased voltage level.

I keep my 2600K below 1.5v for everyday usage. At 4.8GHz I need 1.4v, at 5GHz I need 1.465v, for everything higher I have to go 1.5v+ and turn off Hyper-Threading. I'm also water-cooling which helps. If your temps at full load stay in the low to mid 70C range you should be good in the 1.4v range, if I was going to F@H I would probably try to keep them in the mid 60C range. But for most average gamers their cpu will never run as hard or as hot as a F@H rig.

I ended up having to bump the voltage up to 1.38 to be stable at 4.7GHz. My temperatures are in the mid to high 60's under full load so I'm not going to push it anymore because this is the coldest time of the year in Maine so I figure when summer rolls around my temps will be a bit higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom