i5-2500k and ASUS p8p67

Status
Not open for further replies.

plant

In Runtime
trying to get this thing up to around 4.5, using multi of 44. in bios is says target cpu speed of around 4.5 as planned, however when i boot the system and run prime 95, cpu-z and everest are showing a cpu speed of 3400? its showing multiplier x44 and bus speed 77.3. why is my bus speed being lowered, and how do i avoid this?

cheers

Not speedstep, turning that off will disable the speedboost as well.

You need to go into the bios and turn off C-states.

Wouldn't the boost be turbo? The x58 boards seperate the 2.... never seen a 55 bios.

This is the p67 bios.

Speedstep enables the processor to downclock for power and heat savings, as well as to boost when needed.

C-step is what allows you to prevent the cpu from downclocking. At least, this is the case on my reference board from intel.

With older cpu's, up to the i7 900's, Speedstep and the CxE functions could cause stability issues with an overclock. The cpu's just didn't like going from a super slow idle to a full blast pushed to the bleeding edge.

But these new SandyBridge i7's just don't seem to mind. I'm running with Speedstep and all the CxE Functions enabled without any problems and my cpu is wavering between 1.6GHz and 5GHz.

I am The King :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom