I would like to overclock my Q6600 g0

Status
Not open for further replies.
your chip has same vid as my old chip. which wasn't very good lol
i needed 1.35v to push for 3.2 ghz.
however I was using 4 sticks of ram, which is a lot more stressful for the north bridge than 2 sticks.
so you may or may not need to increase your voltage at all. just try and see how it goes.

your chip has same vid as my old chip. which wasn't very good lol
i needed 1.35v to push for 3.2 ghz.
however I was using 4 sticks of ram, which is a lot more stressful for the north bridge than 2 sticks.
so you may or may not need to increase your voltage at all. just try and see how it goes.

so should i start at default volts first? is doing it this route less likely to fry my processor than say overvolting it?

also did you have a cooler on it? and does that even matter for voltages?

why are you so scared?
you can put 1.5v in these chips with air cooling as long as you can keep the temperature in check. (although not recommended for 24/7 usage.)

just go with default voltage first and see how it goes.

edit:
the more I think about it, I think I may have needed 1.4v instead of the 1.35 I mentioned earlier. its either one of those. that was close to 2 years ago, my memory is fuzzy.

yes, I did have a cooler on my CPU.

why are you so scared?
you can put 1.5v in these chips with air cooling as long as you can keep the temperature in check. (although not recommended for 24/7 usage.)

just go with default voltage first and see how it goes.

edit:
the more I think about it, I think I may have needed 1.4v instead of the 1.35 I mentioned earlier. its either one of those. that was close to 2 years ago, my memory is fuzzy.

yes, I did have a cooler on my CPU.

I will be keeping it up for maybe 8 hours at a time on some days. ive never oced before so id really like to do with without entering the bios.

I've never heard of overclocking on intel systems without entering bios. so that's a moot point.
just change fsb to 400
multi to 8
that should put your ram at 1;1 so it's at nice and even 800 mhz
put 1.4v on cpu voltage

reboot.

edit:
by reboot i meant hit f10 to save changes and restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom