I want to put a lock on my antec 900

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Does anyone have any ideas how this could be done? There are like these two holes in the back for like watercooling or something, and I think I can lock the entire rig to something with like a bicycle lock using that, but people could still just remove the side and steal components. I was thinking maybe drill a hole through the side of the case next to one of the holes and just put a regular combination lock on there, but I think the distance might be too far. And then, it has to be in place very securely because if the side can be moved half an inch it can be popped off enough for someone to get in there and steel stuff. Anyone have any better ideas?

The reason I'm looking to do this, is because I'm going to be going to college within 2 weeks. I guess my monitor could easily be taken, I don't think I could do anything about it :(.

Edit: I found this: Computer Case Lock (Cable Security) - Lock PC Case but I don't see how it works. Unless it is attached to something extremely tight, I don't know why they couldn't just twiste the wires and get it off.

Hmmm, do you suppose a regular combination padlock would fit the cord as a locking mechanism? The one they have on this page: Computer Cable Lock T3 - Computer Security Cable - PC Security Cable only has 3 digits, meaning only 1000 combinations. Although I don't think a thief would stick around that long, if someone knew I was going home for the weekend, they could easily crack that. I don't know how they are claiming well over 1000 combinations. I would just prefer not to have a key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom