I think I lost a core!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patonb

Golden Master
Well, my systems gone flakey, and when I run Orthos, It only runs 2 windows of tests...... Not four like before.

Am i wrong that this is wrong, it is running on all 4 cores?

Any way to test to see if all 4 are running?

Thanks

Edit: Heres my screen while orthos is on AND while scanning with ad-aware. The first core never moved off 0%

orthos.jpg

LMAO. I don't think you lost a core. It was probably just not utilizing all the cores at the same time, Although that is kind of weird in it's self because it should share the work load evenly, I think.

Is it even possible to lose one core and not the whole thing? I'm not sure it works like that.

You can't lose a single core because a quad core cpu is just two dual cores connected by the front side bus, at least thats what I think it was...

Yha, but Everts is reading load on CPU 1/core 1 and CPU 2/core 2.

No #3 or 4, like it reports above it as CPU 1-4.

Also load time of games has increased noticablely and that 0% never changes. Last time I ran Everts, ALL the cores bounced around, and Orthos had 4 test windows not 2...

Can someone post ascreen of a quad running Orthos, and Everts?

an easier way is too CTRL-ALT-DEl, and see if your fourth core is registering in the performance tab. If it is, u dont have a problem...

then again...if one of your cores doesnt seem to be getting a load of any type, try changing the affinity of your programs to run on that core too see if they hang or work

hang = uhho
work = np

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom