I think I have done it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
I Went into the NVIDIA control panel, and under performance, adjust motherboard settings, I put the FSB at 231 when it was on 201. In CPU-Z it says my core speed is 2425.8 mhz. so approx 2.4 ghz from where it was 2.1ghz. when i go to my computer, hit properties, it still says 2.1ghz. Will that change, is it still at 2.1? Or am I now at 2.4 ghz?

Software cpu overclockers are not the best as you should probably change the settings in the BIOS.
With software overclocking your settings have to be loaded every time your computer starts in order for the settings to be placed.

Having said that I would trust CPU-z any day rather than 'my computer'

Well I know how to go into the BIOS, but I can't find where I can up my FSB settings to OC my cpu in there. this was the only way I could figure it out

why are you overclocking with software? let alone with nvidia software (graphics cards?)

I can send you an old pc lol. BFg tech video card 256mb ddr i believe. 1.5ghz pentium d processor. 512mb ram. so old. 40 gb harddrive. no cd or dvd rom drives in them anymore tho, took them out lol

I can send you an old pc lol. BFg tech video card 256mb ddr i believe. 1.5ghz pentium d processor. 512mb ram. so old. 40 gb harddrive. no cd or dvd rom drives in them anymore tho, took them out lol

WTF does you sending him a new PC have to do with your overclocking in the NVIDIA control panel?

EDIT:
its in commanders sig ^.^. You should PM about that, not post it in a thread where it is tooootttalllllyyyy off topic. :)

Haha, I would have, but when I go to send private message nothing happens. must not have access to it yet

Its always been like that. Copy his name then go to your USER CP and then send new private message, paste his name in, and your good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom