I need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it be at 100? Start at 266 and work up. Acutally, what you could probably do, is set the multiplier to 9, leave the FSB, and set the cpu voltage to 1.35. That would give you 2.4GHz, which is equal to a stock E6600.

You might want to go up slower though, seeing as how its your first time OCing. 2GHz will be easy to get to though, and most likely will not need a voltage change. If you want 2GHz, set the FSB to 290.

Remember to stress test after you adjust the settings though. And disable all the powersaving features, such as C1E and EIST.

Okay thanks ill keep that in mind about the powersaving stuff.

Woah I got it to 2.0 and I feel accomplished on my first overclock. now I need some liquid nitrogen and im gonna try to get this beast up to 5.0 ghz. Lawlz

Wrar I have a problem now. I Got it to 2.2 ghz and if I go any father it says. Get boot cd or some mumbo jumbo. I played around with the voltage and that just kinda messed it up worthed. and looking at the cpu temp now it is idling at 59-60 and im not using the stock cpu fan, Im using a cooler master. What im gonna do is use some of my friends artic silver thermal paste and see if that helps. Im using the stock strips that come pre-applied to the back of the cpu stock fan :p. If all else fails Ill just get one of these puppies. Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail I think that that will get the job done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom