I need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phase-Six

In Runtime
So Ive messed around with ocing in the future but just messed up most of the time and had to restart my bios etc... So I was wondering when Im trying to overclock my cpu and it says overclock frequency and it starts at 100 and the max is 600 idk what to start at. Should I try it at 110 or go to the 266 where my base bus is at. Im Just confused right now. can some clear things up for me.

e6300 @1.8ghz (want to overclock)
2gb G-Skill ram
intel Motherboard ds3 by gigabyte it has M.I.T. Settings so I can overclock and thats what I need help on. What to change. I was using a program to do it and then I read that it was a big mistake so I was like okay grow up and use the bios. I just wanna get it up to around 2. something so I can run Unreal Tournament 3 smoothly.

Okay, I have no idea what the stock settings are.

So it would be cool if you could give me this info

current cpu fsb

cpu multiplier rating

stock cpu voltage

Boost the FSB in bios as high as you can without changing the voltage to the cpu. When the computer won't post you have gone to high and need to back track some. Then you can play with your voltage a bit. I would not recommend messing with your RAM voltages unless you are confident that they can handle it without burning out. Just take your time and play around some so that you get a little more comfortable with the processor and your systems boundries.

I was afraid it would come down to it *Grabs Screwdriver*. But where it says Frequency it shows it at 100 but I was wondering, Do I bump it to 110 and do it slowly or do I start it at my fsb and start it at 266? Thats where ive kinda been confused.

Why would it be at 100? Start at 266 and work up. Acutally, what you could probably do, is set the multiplier to 9, leave the FSB, and set the cpu voltage to 1.35. That would give you 2.4GHz, which is equal to a stock E6600.

You might want to go up slower though, seeing as how its your first time OCing. 2GHz will be easy to get to though, and most likely will not need a voltage change. If you want 2GHz, set the FSB to 290.

Remember to stress test after you adjust the settings though. And disable all the powersaving features, such as C1E and EIST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom