I NEED a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprtnbsblplya

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I had a Chaintech Geforce 6600 256 MB AGP 8x video card that I loved, ran every single game I threw at it beautifully. But, alas, the fan died on it and Newegg was out of stock so I just got $150 credited to my account. So now, I must choose a new card within the $150 budget mark.
What do you guys recommend??

(A note: the Geforce 6600GT is NOT in the $150 budget mark, lets be real here, I cant afford a dime over $150)

Thanks for the super fast reply, but the card must be AGP 8x, and its going into a Shuttle XPC case, so it cant occupy the adjacent slot (because there isnt one), ie, must have small fan.
Its a bummer, I know...

What about a Radeon 9700 Pro All-In-Wonder?? I would love to have TV viewing capabilities.
Plus, since I'm done with Doom 3, and dont plan on playing it again, I dont need Geforce 6xxx performance.

I saw the Geforce FX5500 256MB with 256-bit, how good would that be?
Like what kind of games could it support?

If your gaming youd probly be best to stay away from the 5000 series.. try like a 9600xt/pro or maybe a 9800pro if u can find it cheap

Man, chaintech sucks, I have an FX 5700 made by them, first one died within 2 months, got it RMA'd, then this one is dying and it's only been like 7-8 months .....they are just crappy manufacturers it seems =/

That kind of sucks though dude, the 6600GT is a great card and you'll be losing a decent amount of performance going lower than that.

For $150 I'd suggest a 9600XT though, can't go wrong with one of those for the price.

no kidding, lesson learned the hard way, dont buy crappy brands...
oh well, heres a chance to get somthing that will last...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom