I know, I know...but i just gotta ask - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 05:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
What is up with that?
The little dude in 'Yons' avatar.....is a badger...and it's from a flash cartoon where it just had a bunch of those dancing badgers and would say BADGER over and over again then say MUSHROOOOM MUSHROOOOM then back to badgers then it got to the 'scary snake' and then the song repeated

Old 09-28-2004, 06:43 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I totally understand that everyone has their own opinions and I respect that, and I also understand that from people's experience, they'll be a little biased towards one maker or the other, but I just felt I had to make sure I asked one last time before making a BIG purchase....the sad thing is....I'm still torn between the 2 . I hear great things about AMD and definately wanna test it out, but is an AMD 64 (quite an expensive processor) the best to just "get my feet wet" with AMD processors.

I was on Tom's Hardware the other day reading some reviews and benchmarks were almost the same. Should I just stick with what I'm used to for now, or will I be needing a 64-bit chip more than a 32 bit anytime soon?

Old 09-28-2004, 07:40 PM   #33 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to lazerman Send a message via Yahoo to lazerman

I think more and more programmers are getting nearer to switching to 64-bit for there software. Windows will be releasing Widows XP 64bit beta's here pretty soon also.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:03 AM   #34 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

"The little dude in 'Yons' avatar.....is a badger...and it's from a flash cartoon where it just had a bunch of those dancing badgers and would say BADGER over and over again then say MUSHROOOOM MUSHROOOOM then back to badgers then it got to the 'scary snake' and then the song repeated "

Oh....ok....lol.

Closed Thread