I Just Spent $1975 - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 07:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to beedubaya

If you want to give me $495 for a Seagate Cheetah 73.4GB 15K SCSI hard drive, I would be happy to take it. I had a limited budget, I bought my computer parts with money I earned for graduation. If you would have done it different, I respect that, and I respect your opinion. But you need to realize that not everybody can afford a SCSI that has decent capacity. I got the best I could with the money that I had available. If I was really getting the fastest components available, I would have spent 5 or 6K on parts, got an FX-53 with 2GB Corsair Extreme Series memory, that 73.4GB Cheetah, liquid cooling, etc. Next, are you are going to go harrassing the little guy who builds a rig for only $1000?

Old 06-16-2004, 08:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Wartorment

Ignore him, and give us some benchmark! (01/03)

Old 06-16-2004, 08:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Thats a really decent system... but i have one question : does the Mobo have Onboard NIC?

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ Barton running at 2.16 Ghz.
GeForce MX 4000 (mainly takes the load off the main system)
Creative Labs Audigy 24-bit sound.
Some Case from tigerdirect
512 MB Ultra DDR RAM.
80GB Seagate HDD
LiteOn CD-RW / DVD ROM drive.
currently looking at a litescribe drive at staples, due to its ability to label the CD shortly after being burned.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Thats a really decent system... but i have one question : does the Mobo have Onboard NIC?
Yeah...10/100/1000 Mbps
Old 06-17-2004, 04:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

beedubaya I am sorry I made you angry from my comments about your new computer. Every once in a while I see people who post threads about how they spent a fortune on a new computer with the vert BEST components available. Every time I always see them overlook the hard disk.

From my experience the hard disk can cripple a system even if you have the fastest processor or memory. You may not notice the slowdown because ATA133 is very fast, but if you benchmarked the speed of your computer now and after the upgrade that it is a huge improvement.

I know you can't afford it or maybe don't even care. I guess I get ticked at people who like to brag about how their stuff is so much more awesome than everyone else's that I start to pick them apart to look for flaws. It's a bad personality trait I have and I am aware I offend people more than I should. I am not writing this because I was forced to, this apology is coming directly from me to you. I am sorry for the harsh attitude I took with you. hopefully I can try to avoid that next time.

I would have posted this in a PM, but it keeps saying my character count is over 1000. mrdinkel your question seemed odd about onboard NIC until I realized you were trying to break the tension on this thread, thanks
Old 06-17-2004, 08:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Apology accepted, i guess we all have personality flaws the get the best of us if we let them.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lord Techie

I got the Thermaltake Xaser III Case in today! Very large piece of equipment. Only one thing was broken on it and that isn't worth sending it back for a replacement.

Closed Thread