I just can't wait (VC UPGRADE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok. My ole faithful 9800- Pro just isn't cuttin' it anymore with all of these new games. So, i've scraped together a few bucks and just spend 10 minutes on newegg.com.

I'm going with the Sapphire ATI RADEON X800 XT PE it's costing me $513.99 w/shipping and handling.

I did see this same card a few dollars cheap on a few other sites but, with newegg.com you can never go wrong.

Can't wait to fire this thing up...

Anyone have this card?

I believe Codeine just purchased this card so you could probably have a pretty good discussion with him.

In my opinion, and if I were in your shoes, I would hold off for just a bit longer. The 9800 Pro may not be the best of the best anymore, but it's still a pretty decent card that can handle most of the new game engines all right.

In May, ATi will be releasing a new generation of cards, and I assume nVidia will follow suit. This means if you wait the two months or so, you'll see a signifigant price drop in the x800 XT.

That's just my advice though, you may do as you please. :)

Well, good luck. That is a nice card, but you might want to consider the 6800 GT if you haven't yet ordered. Its cheaper, and you can overclock it to Ultra specs, and it will match the X800XT P.E. and will include Pixel Shader 3.

Codein got his from zipzoomfly, believe they had it for like $469 there, but you said after taxes and shipping it was $513 so I assume you got it for $4xx something yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom