I Have Given Up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you have direct experience in putting a computer together? I mean I would only think someone inexperienced could up all of thier shit, unless you did something very stupid.(Extreme static to motherboard, and then destroyed everything, even though I dont know how you could mess up your CD-RW). Or it was just a fluke, no idea.

electro-static-discharges will kill off a computer in no time. if you've even got just a little bit of static electricity running through you, you can short out and destroy everything inside your computer. when you open up a computer, make sure that you are not on carpet, or sitting on anything that can create elctricity. wear an anti-static wristband or at least constantly touch the metal inside your case to ground yourself. your problems have to be user error. no way do you get all bad parts twice. maybe you shouldn't build anyway with this kind of luck. buy your PC from a boutique company ala alienware or falcon northwest.

It wasn't static, I had a anti-band on. The CPU got stuck to the heatsink, for running 1 hr total in 3 days. The pins got bent even when the ZIF socket was DOWN, it came right out. The PSU was junk, and the RAM had errors in memtest86, bleh.

I am glad I have 1 build to count on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom