i have an area 51w/ 990x and dual 5970s, when i overclock it crashes windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschuster

Beta member
I have an alienware area 51 with intel 990x, dual 5970 2gbs 12gbs ddr3 1333mhz, 4 300gb velociraptors in raid 1. When I overclock the cpu or gpu windows crashes. How can I fix this?

Why would you need to? The is a monster setup. Doesnt your rig come with a warranty or support? I would call alienware and ask them.

Why would you need to? The is a monster setup. Doesnt your rig come with a warranty or support? I would call alienware and ask them.
Because a stock 990x seriously hampers the performance of said 5970s when it is stock. You need higher freq on the CPU to handle most dual or quad Crossfire heavy hitters. Same goes for Nvidia SLI.

Overclocking voids your warranty, you know...
Dual 5970s? Probably out of warranty already unless he got the extended.

Well, calling Alienware/Dell will not get you anything. IIRC, Unless it is factory OC'd, it is not under warranty if you OC anything.

Well, calling Alienware/Dell will not get you anything. IIRC, Unless it is factory OC'd, it is not under warranty if you OC anything.
Calling them would find out if it was still under warranty :p
Which I doubt it is anyways, as setups with 5970s were sold a few years ago.

Google is your freind when you feel like making assumptions.

Alienware allows for overclocking, thats one of their perks.
Except, if you fry something due to overclocking they will not grant it if you openly admit it. Ask my friend with a 3000 dollar paper weight. BUT if you don't say anything..... there is absolutely no way to prove it IIRC. At least, Intel doesn't have a way or doesn't care. If that is the case, I'm sure Alienware wont care either.

Except, if you fry something due to overclocking they will not grant it if you openly admit it. Ask my friend with a 3000 dollar paper weight. BUT if you don't say anything..... there is absolutely no way to prove it IIRC. At least, Intel doesn't have a way or doesn't care. If that is the case, I'm sure Alienware wont care either.

I think that was what i was trying to get at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom