i hate my e6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i got it to 3400.0 not sure if its stable. i thought that the e6600 would be easy to overclock. if i knew it would be like this i would just get the e4300 lol

Don't always expect it to reach those speeds easily. It varies with all the different chips. Just because we've heard it overclocks easily, doesn't really guarantee, that easy 3.4-3.5GHz.

Not much in the real world of doing a task, such as gaming. I'd say just for benchmarking. I got mine to 3.4-3.6 for a couple of benches, then just headed back down to 3.2 for temperature reasons.

I don't understand. Most of u who are showing their cpu max are just for bench? WTF, what's the point of that? Shouldn't u be showing the actual speed you run your cpu on a daily basis?
So let me see, if I go up to 3.5ghz with my cheap a$$ hsf, I should put that in my sig then go back to 3.0? Nope! I can assure you that my sig is showing you the actual speed my pc is running on...all the time.
I also don't get that you go and spend more money on a better hsf to overclock higher but then resort back to 3.2ghz? What? If I ever decide to spend more money on cooling, you bet I'm gonna run my pc at the highest speed possible and will be running it on a daily basis.

Not everybody has the same temps as you do, nu2duo. For me, my temps were pretty high, and I didn't really like that. So I just put it back down a little.....3.2 to 3.5GHz is of little significance to me. I just wanted to see how far I can take it.

Not everybody has the same temps as you do, nu2duo. For me my temps were pretty high, and I didn't really like that. So I just put it back down a little. 3.2 to 3.5GHz is of little significance to me. I just wanted to see how far I can take it.

I understand. It's like bench pressing a max of 600lbs for one rep. Cool. I'd be more impressed with someone benching 500lbs for 5 reps. I understand u though.

I have started Recommending the E6320 and E6420 over the E6600 anymore since the 4mb cache on them makes the E6420 clock very close to what the E6600 could do.

The E6420 is pretty much the best Bang for Buck CPU out there. The newer E6600's as said are harder to overclock but you should be able to get 3.4 if you fiddle enough.

cry me a river baby. you think 2.4 to 3.2 isnt a good overclock? think back to the pentium 3 days, what would you be getting then? chances are you can get that little extra from your chip by tweaking some settings and a little trial and error. no need for all this ' i hate my chip, i hate my life crap'. grow up.

plant who ever said anyone was crying lol. i just asked for some help. oh yea btw played around a little and got to 3.5. i ran prime 95 for 4 hours then i stopped it, so im guessing its stable

Not really.....running a stress test for 4 hrs might look stable....in the short run. A real test of stability is 8-24hrs.

my system specs:e6600,ds4 motherboard,2 gigs g skill ram, corsair 520 power supply and a 8800 gts 640
i tried overclocking the e6600 and the farthest i could get it stable was 3240.0
and thata with the vcore at 1.4. can anyone tell me there settings of there e6600 or atleast some tips . thank you

The problem is that your giving up WAY to easily.

You act as if Vcore is the only thing you can Change..

COMMON! Play around with FSB, MCH and RAM Voltage. Not to mention Timmings...

Not to mention 1.4 Volts Vcore is nothing!

I had to go 1.53125 Vcore for 3dMark06 @ 3.41 Ghz...

I am currently testing the following Settings for SMP Folding Stability, So far, two Days Stable.
Clock: 3.204 Ghz (356 X 9)
Vcore: 1.4625
RAM Timming: 4-3-3-10
RAM Voltage: + 0.3
MCH Voltage: + 0.2
FSB Voltage: + 0.2
MAX Load Temp On Orthos: 55C
Max Load temp on SMP: 51C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom