i hate my e6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

denman1992

Baseband Member
my system specs:e6600,ds4 motherboard,2 gigs g skill ram, corsair 520 power supply and a 8800 gts 640
i tried overclocking the e6600 and the farthest i could get it stable was 3240.0
and thata with the vcore at 1.4. can anyone tell me there settings of there e6600 or atleast some tips . thank you

k i read it but one problem were it says
Part2. Memory Adjustments
**Expand options for Gigabyte BIOS under ‘M.I.T.' by pressing CTRL+F1**
Gigabyte: Set ‘Memory Multiplier' to 2 (1FSB:1RAM operation)
when i press ctrl+f1 nothing new opens and i cant change my memory timings

Quoting from Ste:
"But again, to show the RAM timmings you need to Press Ctrl + F1 at CMOS Screen, before entering any menu."

I think maybe because it's supposedly easy to reach 3.4-3.6GHz...

lol....you guys' names matches...

Not much in the real world of doing a task, such as gaming. I'd say just for benchmarking. I got mine to 3.4-3.6 for a couple of benches, then just headed back down to 3.2 for temperature reasons.

Not much in the real world of doing a task, such as gaming. I'd say just for benchmarking. I got mine to 3.4-3.6 for a couple of benches, then just headed back down to 3.2 for temperature reasons.

i guess another 4 more points in a benchmark test?

Unfortunatly the new E6600s with the newer steppings just dont clock as well thats probably all you can get out of it - give it a bit more voltage and up your VMCH and give it a go, but if its a newer stepping then that might be your tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom